Rubondo Island National Park
Rubondo Island National Park
Located on the south-west shores of Lake Victoria, Rubondo Island National Park includes Rubondo Island and several other small islands of Lake Victoria.
The park boasts for its rich and diverse variety of butterflies and bird life, easily viewable from the lake shore. The rare Sitatunga, an extremely endangered amphibious antelope, can sometimes be viewed escaping from the charging predators by hiding and camouflaging itself in the lake shore marshes.
A visit to Rubondo Island National Park offers visitors a break from game viewing in the tranquil peace of a lake shore setting. Exploring the islands within the park creates an excitement for day trips. Fishing expeditions into Lake Victoria are easily arranged through the major lodges. Rubondo Island National Park is a relaxation from the rigorous safari circuit and a relaxing place from which to explore Lake Victoria.
– A variety of water birds , Eurasian migrants and introduced African grey parrots
– High density of African fish eagles distinctly seen
– Animal species including Sitatunga, Elephants, Giraffes, Hippos, Bushbucks, Pythons, Crocodiles, Chimpanzees (not fully habituated), Bush pigs and Suni
– The Lake Victoria forming a spectacular sight for visitors with the deepest point in the lake (Irumo) forming part of the park
– Magnificent view of one of the last remaining representatives of evergreen dense primary lowland Congolese forest with a unique habitat mosaic in the midst of high biodiversity value
– Beautiful and attracting beaches such as Fly catcher, Mchangani and Michicoco
– Important gulfs of Irumo and Kamea
– Clear sighting of both sun rise and sun set
– Cultural sites such as “Ntungamirwe”, “Maji Matakatifu”, “Altare” and “Solo” which explain the life of natives who once stayed in the park
– “Birds Islands”, breeding sit for water birds
– Crocodile Island
Kilimanjaro Bound offer a large range of trips and excursions suitable for any budget or time available. We are there to organise everything that you need during your African Adventure.
Whatever you choose, Kilimanjaro Bound will take great care of you whilst you enjoy the beauty of our wonderful country.
Important Information About Your Tanzania Safari Adventure
- Full board accommodation while on safari in the above mentioned en suite tented camps and lodges.
- Private guide.
- Private 4 x 4 safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing.
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport.
- Park fees.
- Crater fees.
- Airport Arrival / Departure Meet and Greets at the airport.
- On safari – Vehicles equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebook, karibuni welcome packet with useful information for all guests.
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals.
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival , USA and CANADA passport holders USD.100.
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.).
- Meals not listed above.
- Optional Tours (balloon rides USD. 500 per person etc).
- Tips and any items of personal nature.