Selous Game Reserve
Selous Game Reserve
Selous Game Reserve is Africa’s largest game reserve and one of favourite game viewing areas in Africa. Covering 50,000 square kilometres, is amongst the largest protected areas in Africa and is relatively undisturbed by human impact
Africa’s largest and oldest game reserve is one of its most scenic wildlife destinations; the Selous is utterly beautiful. The beauty of the park is matched by the quality of a safari here; boating, walking and fly camping compliment standard game driving in thriving wildlife areas. This is an outrageously good safari park and an essential component of any southern circuit itinerary.
The Selous is a superb safari destination for both family safaris and African honeymoons, all the better for the ease of getting there and the lack of crowds. The park has the widest diversity of safari activities in the country, offering the boating safaris as well as standard game drives, walking safaris and legendary fly camping trips.
The Northern section of Selous is home to a network of channels and lagoons that run off the Rufiji River. This lush landscape provides a water supply for the region’s game and towards the end of the dry season the concentration of animals around these water sources is phenomenal. It is here, around the river and lakes, that the majority of the camps are based; successfully relying on the animal’s need for water to provide game viewing areas. Selous is in its peak season from July through to the middle of November – this when the dry season is raging and all the game homes in on the few permanent water sources.
The sheer volume of game in the Selous is outstanding with statistics putting most parks in Africa to shame. Elephant, buffalo and lion are ‘arguably’ found in no greater numbers year round anywhere on the planet. But it is the Selous’ reputation as the last true stronghold for African wild dog that draws the enthusiasts.
Kilimanjaro Bound offer a large range of trips and excursions suitable for any budget or time available. We are there to organise everything that you need during your African Adventure.
Whatever you choose, Kilimanjaro Bound will take great care of you whilst you enjoy the beauty of our wonderful country.
Important Information About Your Tanzania Safari Adventure
- Full board accommodation while on safari in the above mentioned en suite tented camps and lodges.
- Private guide.
- Private 4 x 4 safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing.
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport.
- Park fees.
- Crater fees.
- Airport Arrival / Departure Meet and Greets at the airport.
- On safari – Vehicles equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebook, karibuni welcome packet with useful information for all guests.
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals.
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival , USA and CANADA passport holders USD.100.
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.).
- Meals not listed above.
- Optional Tours (balloon rides USD. 500 per person etc).
- Tips and any items of personal nature.