Marangu Route 6 DaysClimbing Kilimanjaro
Marangu Route 6 Days
Are you looking for trekking with your friends and family for this vacation? Then this is the best opportunity where you can utilize it through the route of Marangu. Generally, it will take 6 days to complete the entire trekking journey. If you are looking for package this vacation, then you are at the right place to know more about activities which can be handled throughout your journey.
Day1: Once arrived at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will find our experts and take you to the hotel in Moshi for dinner as well as breakfast as per the instruction is given by us, later meet together for the Kilimanjaro briefing and Equipment checkup.
Day 2: Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut
After your breakfast, you will pick from Moshi to Marangu gate 1830m/ 7,000ft. Once visited the gate, you will be instructed to carry the hiking things along with you and your experts will start to guide you. At this stage, you will move towards the rainforest. Also, you will be getting a chance to view the wildlife creatures. Now, we reach the hut which is at Mandara Hut 2700m/8,858ft when it comes to dinner as well as overnight stay. Distance 8km/4miles, 3-4hrs walking, Habitat- Rain forest.
Day 3: Mandara Hut to Horrombo Hut
Now, we walk through forest and get into moorland. Here you can witness the great views of Mawenzi as well as Kibo peaks. Now, we will arrive at Horombo hut 3720m/12204ft and go ahead for some relaxation and start to enjoy with your friends and family by witnessing the beautiful scenery from the camp. Distance 12km/7miles, 4-6hrs walking, Habita- Heather and moorland.
Day 3: Horrombo hut
On day 3, we move towards the Mawenzi hut and go ahead over the zebra rocks. During this trip, you should consume less amount of water and walk slowly. Also, you can get meals for the whole day which will be provided by us. This second day at Horombo is spend to improve Acclimatization, 4-5hrs walking
Day 4: Horombo to Kibo Hut
It is the day that we are moving towards lunar desert. Generally, it will take around 5 to 7 hours and reach Kibo Hut 4700m/15,419ft. Here, we will be going to spent valuable time comfortably in Hut. So, before a final ascent, you can get prepared for that and take a good sleep or rest. Distance 10km/6miles, Habitat- Alpine desert.
Day 5: Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak to Horombo Hut
You need to wake up in the midnight and start your climbing towards volcanic scree which will take you to the main crater at Gilmans point 5685m/18,651ft. Now, continue across the snow in order to reach Uhuru Peak 5895m/19,340ft. After some time, we go down to Kiko Hut and then get your stop at Kibo Hut. Then, we move to Horrombo Hut after some refreshment. Distance 20km/12miles, 11-15hrs walking, Habitat- Summit zone.
Day 6: Horombo to Marangu Gate 5-7hrs walking
On day 6, we are going to Marangu National Park Gate 1830m/6003ft by passing through Mandara hut 2700m/8,858ft. After that, you will get your summit certifications for the successful climbing. Now, you will be getting to the hotel which is in Moshi for dinner. Well, this is how the trip comes to an end. Distance 20km/12miles, Habitat- Rain forest.
Hopefully, the activities mentioned above are helpful for you to book your tickets in order to experience Marangu route in Mt.Kilimanjaro. If you are really excited about it, then visit Kilimanjaro bound and plan for vacation at your budget
Important Information About Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
- Accommodations the night before and the night after the trek two nights in Moshi
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Entry fees, Rescue fees, camping fees or hut fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Transport to the gate on starting day and after the trek
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Private, portable chemical flush toilets
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Portable Summit Emergency Oxygen
- Kilimanjaro National park certificate for successful summit attempt
- Flying Doctor Service
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari before or after your climb, marangu village day tour, day trip to lake challa, etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature
- Health requirements (Yellow Fever – only compulsory if you travel to Tanzania via a Yellow Fever infected country, Meningitis & Hepatitis A remains optional, but comes recommended)
our customers love us
“Fantastic experience! Really well looked after by our porters and our guides Leonard and Aggrey.”
“On summit day, our guides ended up carrying our day bags and motivated us, to make sure we would make it. Can only recommend these guys!”
“Leonard and Aggrey were so knowledgable about everything, that they even made the walking feel easy!! It’s definitely safe to say I would have never reached the summit without the help of my team, I would recommend these guys to anyone, every day of the week.”
“Aggrey & William are real professionals and heroes in guiding us to the top.”