Marangu Route 3 DaysCamping On Mount Kilimanjaro
Marangu Route 3 Days
Itinerary For Marangu Route 3 Days
Day 1 Of Marangu Route:
Arriving at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), you will be transfered to Moshi or Marangu for your first overnight stay. We will gather in the evening for a pre-climb briefing.
After breakfast at the lodge, we will transfer straight to the gate and after completing the entrance formalities at the National Park gate (1,830 m.). We then climb up through attractive and un-spoilt forest to reach the clearing containing the Mandara Huts (2,700 m.).
The volcanic remains of Maundi Crater are nearby and make a good afternoon excursion. An alternative is to simply rest and enjoy the beautiful forest around you. Hiking Time: 3-5 hours).
After breakfast , the first part of the walk is a steep ascent through rain forest, but the path soon opens out onto grassy moorland and in clear weather, there are great views of Kibo and Mawenzi Peaks. We climb steadily through the moorland zone, containing giant heather and occasional stands of groundsel, eventually we reach the hut complex at Horombo (3,720 m.).
Sunrises and sunsets here are always very spectacular and the site is close to the glaciated dome of Kibo. There is a real sense of being above the clouds. Hiking Time: 4-6 hours).
DAY 4 On Marangu Route:
After breakfast at Horombo Camp, we retrace our steps with a pleasant moorland walk to Mandara and then a lovely forest walk that returns us to the National Park Gates. Hiking Time: 5-6 hours).
The Marangu Route 3 Days Trekking Route is used by nearly 50% of all climbers who visit Mount Kilimanjaro and provides comfortable mountain huts with solar power lighting that you will be able to stay in if you wish.
Although the trail is busy, the views of Mount Kilimanjaro and the lands around it are beautiful and as each day of walking progresses through a different climate zone you will enjoy a fantastic experience that very few people will have the opportunity to do. The Marangu Route 3 Days is suitable for beginners or those who are short of time but still wish to experience the beauty of Mount Kilimanjaro and Tanzania. The trip takes 3 days of climbing and 2 overnight stays.
If you want to ask us anything at all after reading this itinerary for Marangu Route 3 Days, you can contact us online and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
After completing Marangu Route 3 Days you will have the choice of booking an incredible Safari of the National Parks of Tanzania, checking out the culture with some of our short tours or taking a well earned rest on the island of Zanzibar.
Kilimanjaro Bound will take care of you and your party and organise everything you need for the trip of a lifetime.
- Nicknamed the “Coca-Cola” route because the route is popularized as easy and cheap. This, however, is a misconception as the route is more difficult due to the ‘not as good acclimatization profile’ as Machame/Rongai/Lemosho routes.
- Often selected by unprepared, inexperienced climbers because of its reputation for being the “easiest” route, attributing to the lower success rate.
- The shortest and cheapest route, but less time to acclimatize, therefore lower success rate.
- Dormitory style accommodation in huts.
- Less scenic due to ascent and descent on same route.
Important Information About Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
- Accommodations the night before and the night after the trek two nights in Moshi
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Entry fees, Rescue fees, camping fees or hut fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Transport to the gate on starting day and after the trek
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Private, portable chemical flush toilets
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Portable Summit Emergency Oxygen
- Kilimanjaro National park certificate for successful summit attempt
- Flying Doctor Service
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari before or after your climb, marangu village day tour, day trip to lake challa, etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature
- Health requirements (Yellow Fever – only compulsory if you travel to Tanzania via a Yellow Fever infected country, Meningitis & Hepatitis A remains optional, but comes recommended)
our customers love us
“Fantastic experience! Really well looked after by our porters and our guides Leonard and Aggrey.”
“On summit day, our guides ended up carrying our day bags and motivated us, to make sure we would make it. Can only recommend these guys!”
“Leonard and Aggrey were so knowledgable about everything, that they even made the walking feel easy!! It’s definitely safe to say I would have never reached the summit without the help of my team, I would recommend these guys to anyone, every day of the week.”
“Aggrey & William are real professionals and heroes in guiding us to the top.”