Machame Route 6 Days - Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
Machame Route 6 Days
Our Kilimanjaro trip will bring you a lot of thrilling as well as adventurous experience on the whole. By passing through route Machame, you are going to witness the exciting views throughout for sure. Also, our experts will be helpful for you to take through various paths and excites you. Well, the Machame route will be having different paths that offer various beautiful views to witness.
Your Itinerary For Machame Route 6 Days
Once arrived at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will find our experts and take you to the hotel in Moshi for dinner as well as breakfast as per the instruction is given by us, later meet together for the Kilimanjaro briefing and Equipment checkup.
Day 2: Machame Gate to Machame Camp 6-7hrs walk
After your breakfast, you will pick up from Moshi to Machame gate 1800m/5905ft as per instruction. By reaching the gate office, the registration formalities will be completed and then get into the rain forest. Now, you will be at a stop for having lunch and then reach towards Machame camping area 3000m/9842ft and Overnight, distance 11km/8miles.
Day 3: Machame camp to Shira camp 4-5hrs walk
Once your breakfast is done at Machame camp, then move towards the top of the forest through moorland zone. After your rest with lunch, move towards a rocky ridge which is located in Shira plateau. Now, after a small trek, you reach Shira Campsite 3840m/12,598ft and Overnight, distance 5km/3miles.
Day 4: Shira to Barranco Camp 5-7hrs
On day 3, you will have a path through the rocky landscape. Now, your lunch will be served that getting into Lava Tower 4550m/14927ft. However, this day could be the toughest day for sure. Once the lunch is over, go down to Barranco camping area at Lava Tower. During this hike, you will be having great views to make photographs. Now, the camp is mainly located at the valley which below the great Barranco wall 3900m/12,795ft and Overnight, distance 10km/6miles.
Day 5: Barranco camp to Barafu camp 7-8hrs walk
After your night is well spent in Great Barranco Wall, you need to make your way towards below Heim Glacier. Now, you will be heading towards Karanga Valley and then connected to Mweka route. When it comes to summit, it is said to be one of the most preferable routes. Then, move to Barafu Hut 4600m/15,091 where the last stop is at Karranga valley. After that, you will be having your final ascent at night. Before that, make sure to prepare for the requirements to carry with thermal clothing. Distance 10km/6miles.
Day 6: Barafu camp to Mweka 11-14hrs walk
After small snacks, you will start your approach at night itself. Now, ascend towards Stella point 5735m/18815ft which is at the crater rim. Here, you can take a short rest and take your way to Uhuru Peak 5895m/19,340ft. Now, your valuable time will be spent on the summit. Then take you a way to Barafu from the summit and move into moorland that is in the forest. The camp is mainly located over the upper forest where you can get your dinner and water. Distance 13km/8miles.
Day 7: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate 4-5hrs walk
After your breakfast, you can have loads of celebrations with guides. Now, get back to Mweka Gate 1650m/5413ft and receive the summit certificates.
Day 8: Transfer to Airport
By following Kilimanjaro bound, you can choose your right package for Machame route this vacation with your family. Also, as per your convenience, you can make your deal at your budget and do not miss our offers as well.
Important Information About Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
- Accommodations the night before and the night after the trek two nights in Moshi
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Entry fees, Rescue fees, camping fees or hut fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Transport to the gate on starting day and after the trek
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Private, portable chemical flush toilets
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Portable Summit Emergency Oxygen
- Kilimanjaro National park certificate for successful summit attempt
- Flying Doctor Service
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari before or after your climb, marangu village day tour, day trip to lake challa, etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature
- Health requirements (Yellow Fever – only compulsory if you travel to Tanzania via a Yellow Fever infected country, Meningitis & Hepatitis A remains optional, but comes recommended)
our customers love us
“Fantastic experience! Really well looked after by our porters and our guides Leonard and Aggrey.”
“On summit day, our guides ended up carrying our day bags and motivated us, to make sure we would make it. Can only recommend these guys!”
“Leonard and Aggrey were so knowledgable about everything, that they even made the walking feel easy!! It’s definitely safe to say I would have never reached the summit without the help of my team, I would recommend these guys to anyone, every day of the week.”
“Aggrey & William are real professionals and heroes in guiding us to the top.”