Machame Route 6 Days - Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
Rongai Route 6 Days
People are always excited about trekking to make that whenever getting time. It is also considered to be the common thing where most of the people would like to do during their vacation. If you are planning to do trekking in Kilimanjaro, then choose one of the good routes like Rongai to witness various beautiful views. Are you excited about this route for trekking? Then follow further with day wise activities below.
Your Itinerary For Roungai Route 6 Days
Day1: Once arrived at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will find our experts and take you to the hotel in Moshi for dinner as well as breakfast as per the instruction is given by us, later meet together for the Kilimanjaro briefing and Equipment checkup.
Day 2: Rongai Gate to Simba Camp 3-4hrs Walking
After your breakfast, you will pick from Moshi to Rongai gate. By reaching the Rongai gate, the porters will assist you to carry the stuff and help to complete the registration process. Then, you will be heading towards Rongai trailhead from the gate. Now, your trail will get started and reach a pine forest. Now, you will have your lunch break and then start approaching towards Simba camp 2600m/8,530ft.
Day 3: Simba Camp to Kikelewa Cave 6-7hrs
Once the breakfast is over, you will be taken to Kikelewa Cave 3600m/11,811ft and now the trail passes the second cave 3450m/11,318ft. It is your spot to have your lunch. According to instruction, the tents will be arranged to make camp to stay. Along with that, you will have your dinner at night.
Day 4: Kikelewa Cave to Mawenzi Tarn Camp 3-4hrs
On day 3, you have a short trip to Mawenzi Tarn Camp 4330m/14,206ft and in moorland where you can see various plants. Also, when it comes to camp, you will witness the great views from your camp and have your dinner.
Day 5: Mawenzi Tarn Camp to Kibo Hut 5-7hrs
After breakfast, you will ascend towards Kibo Hut 4700m/15,419ft which is situated in the Saddle. However, there will be an early dinner which will be provided to you and allow you to take a rest before getting into the summit at mid night.
Day 6: Kibo Hut to Horombo Hut 11-15hrs
After having tea and biscuits, you will start your summit where the trail is up to Hans Meyer cave that continues to Gillman’s point 5685m/18,651ft, After this point, you will start to experience the snow-covered trail until you reach the destination Uhuru Peak 5895m/19,340ft. Here is the spot where you can take photos and tea before moving down to Barafu. Now, go down to Kibo Hut and where you can stay for lunch and then take rest. Once your lunch is over, you will be moving down to Horombo Hut 3720m/12,204ft.
Day 7: Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate 5-6hrs
After completing your breakfast, you will go down to Marangu gate 1830m/6003ft. Now, the hikers are requested to sign and get their certificates for the completion of the summit. Once received your certificates, you will be getting back to Moshi and completing your journey.
Day 8: Transfer back to Airport
Pick your pack
In order to make this trip successful for this vacation, you need to visit Kilimanjaro bound and book your tickets according to the price and packages. Even you can choose your package at a budget and get ready for your turn.
Important Information About Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
- Accommodations the night before and the night after the trek two nights in Moshi
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Entry fees, Rescue fees, camping fees or hut fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Transport to the gate on starting day and after the trek
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Private, portable chemical flush toilets
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Portable Summit Emergency Oxygen
- Kilimanjaro National park certificate for successful summit attempt
- Flying Doctor Service
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari before or after your climb, marangu village day tour, day trip to lake challa, etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature
- Health requirements (Yellow Fever – only compulsory if you travel to Tanzania via a Yellow Fever infected country, Meningitis & Hepatitis A remains optional, but comes recommended)
our customers love us
“Fantastic experience! Really well looked after by our porters and our guides Leonard and Aggrey.”
“On summit day, our guides ended up carrying our day bags and motivated us, to make sure we would make it. Can only recommend these guys!”
“Leonard and Aggrey were so knowledgable about everything, that they even made the walking feel easy!! It’s definitely safe to say I would have never reached the summit without the help of my team, I would recommend these guys to anyone, every day of the week.”
“Aggrey & William are real professionals and heroes in guiding us to the top.”